Frequently Asked Questions
Who is behind Loodo
Loodo is a spin-off of Toboggan Design, a creative studio that has been designing playful and mindful interactive experiences, environments and objects since 1999. Our passion for high-quality innovative design and our extensive experience gained through the creation of numerous museum exhibits have led us to the creation of Loodo.
Our upcoming traveling exhibition currently in development, finds its inspiration in the work we have recently completed for the remarkable Canada Science and Technology Museum in Ottawa.
What about COVID-19?
The realities of the COVID-19 pandemic have hit hard. Although we are experiencing a transition, we know a new normal will emerge. But the essence of what makes us human will remain. For children, the importance of physical and social interactions in the real world will continue to be at the core of their development. An informal shared learning space with hands-on experiences is as pertinent today as it was not so long ago. That does not mean we should ignore the new requirements for public safety. Here is some specific information you should know about our exhibitions and products.
• Our traveling exhibitions are designed in a modular way. Therefore, the exhibitions can easily be reconfigured and spread out in one or multiple rooms to ensure the required social distancing.
• It’s a given, all of our traveling exhibitions and products have been designed with durability and cleanliness in mind.
• We will assist organizations in integrating any required sanitizing equipment, safety signage or other sanitary components.
• We can provide an additional set of play accessories for every interactive experience to facilitate the rotation of objects in a more agressive cleaning schedule.
• For each interactive, we have established an optimal play duration to help organizations plan the best visitor flow.
• We are currently developing additional “take home” activities to extend the experience beyond the museum wall.
• We understand organizations are not operating with a normal attendance. Therefore, until a vaccine is widely available, we are happy to discuss any arrangement such as extended rental periods at no extra cost.
Where has the Building Buddies exhibit been on show?
Children’s Museum of Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
Hosted by the Big Bang Events S.L. Barcelona:
V2, Lille, France
Toison d’or, Dijon, France
Rosny2, Paris, France
Erlangen Arcaden, Erlangen, Germany
Gera Arcaden, Gera, Germany
Paunsdorf Center, Leipzig, Germany
Parly2, Paris, France
As part of the Oklahoma Museum Network:
Jasmine Moran Children’s Museum, Seminole, USA
Leonardo’s Children’s Museum, Enid, USA
Museum of the Great Plains, Lawton, USA
Science Museum Oklahoma, Oklahoma City, USA
Tulsa Children’s Museum Discovery Lab, Tulsa, USA
Can the exhibit be in another language than English?
Yes, we’ve designed Building Buddies exhibit with removable text panels that allow easy transfer to another language. Translation was made for the exhibit in Mongolia, don’t worry we should be able to make it work for your language as well!
Will older kids take interest in the exhibit?
The targeted age for Building Buddies exhibit is 2 to 7 years old, but be sure older kids will have fun and learn too. They might even help younger kids to accomplish their tasks!
Are installations easy to mount?
Installations were designed to make it easy for you and your team to assemble the components. You will be provided a detailed installation manual to help guide you through the steps. We will be able to assist you, if needed.
How does shipping work?
The exhibition fits in a 20′ and can be delivered in a truck size that is suitable for your organization. Depending on where you are in the world, it will travel by truck, train or boat. The merchandise can travel free of duties since it comes with an ATA Carnet. Minimal fees and restrictions apply to the ATA Carnet.
If my rental is a success, can I purchase the exhibit?
We can add a purchasing clause to the contract if you are interested. Once you buy the exhibit after your rental period, you will have to pay duties and taxes on the merchandise. Please note that, taxe and duty rates vary from one country to another. For logistic purposes, discussions will have to occur to make sure the next destination will not be affected by your new acquisition.
How much does the exhibit cost?
Since the exhibit is customizable, price varies from one rental to another. The standard rental cost is $12,500 USD per month, with a minimal fee of $22,000 USD. In other words, for a one-month rental period the price is $22,000, but for a two-month rental period the price is $25,000 (2 X 12,500). Three months is $37,500 (3 X 12,500), and so on.
Will we have technical support through out the renting period?
Yes, we will be able to help you if something happens during your rental period. We have a Tour Manager that will be available to answer any of your questions or needs.